Thursday, 21 April 2016

Straight Shooting: Budd Boetticher's West (rough cut)

As well as writing westerns, I enjoy watching them. I have to admit to not being a fan of modern westerns, not even Clint Eastwood's, and nothing after Silverado. I think this is because during the 70s and 80s, I enjoyed watching films on the television on a Saturday afternoon and they tended to be B-movies. I'm a sucker for John Wayne, Audie Murphy and Randolph Scott, amongst others. Okay, so we know they're not very authentic with their bright, clean, pristine clothes and clean hands and faces, but they were fun.

In this vein, I'm posting a short film about said genre. It was brought to my attention by fellow Black Horse Western author Lee Clinton, so you have him to thank for it. Also, he tells me that he pays homage to the director, his writer and his cinematographer in his upcoming release, The Mexican.

I wasn't familiar with the director's name but I have seen some of his films and will be looking at them with a renewed perspective in future.

Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. Nice and very impressive video sharing within your post accompanied to it. Thanks a lot for the sharing.

    Pull and Dry | Easy Dry | Buy Step Ladder Online

    ReplyDelete